Monday, August 8, 2005

Phoney Stewart

Let's make no mistake about it. I do not like Tony Stewart. More than that, I don't see why anyone, anywhere would like the guy. Don't get me wrong, he's a great race driver. Without a doubt he is one of the best. He won the Brickyard 400 this year. Auto racing is a difficult sport. I know, I've tried it.

So why don't I like Tony Stewart? Because he's a jerk. The casual NASCAR fan can see this and I saw this when I met the jerk. It was at a fundraiser and after the main session, he and other drivers were signing autographs. I had three autographs and his would complete the set. As I got up to him, he looked at me and the autographed program that I had and he turned to his left to sign autographs in that area.

This may not seem like much, but I can tell you first hand what it is like to be asked for an autograph. It is a very high compliment. (Unless you are severly egotistical.) I have signed autographs, during meals in restaurants, during private conversations in public...under all kinds of circumstances.

Famous people like Tony Stewart should realize that without a huge NASCAR fan base, regardless of his driving ability, he's just another red neck hoosier. Hey Tony, the Golden Goose does not live forever.
Tony Stewart