Monday, January 9, 2006

Andy Rooney & American Cars


Andy Rooney says that American cars are not made as well as the imports. That's OK, Andy. You are probably partially right. I saw your piece on "60 Minutes" on 1/8/06 where you were blasted by a few literate union members. You see, I sell cars. I don't belong to a union. If I sell a car I get paid. If I do not sell a car, I don't get paid. I sell new American cars and new imported cars. Some of the American cars are better made than the imports and some not. The imports are usually a little cheaper and they usually have better (longer lasting) warranties. Every day I see customers who think that they are clever. Some are so clever that they don't need to drive an American car to know that it is junk...as compared with the imported counterpart. This could be you, Andy Rooney. Driven any American SUVs lately with a similiar price tag to your's? Probably not.
Oh, I enjoyed your "A Day In The Life Of Andy Rooney" piece. That's the one where you goofed off all day and got nothing done and went home. I can do that on my job, too. But I wouldn't get paid. Cute piece...very cute.
If satellite TV were free would anybody watch CBS? Or, face it, people are paying some of their hard earned money to watch something other than CBS.