Thursday, August 31, 2006

Iraq: The Current Gold Rush


On this morning's TV news was a woman complaining about the war in Iraq. She has a brother in Iraq who is a teacher.
Let's take a look at this.
He's a teacher who was motivated to go to Iraq to teach, why? Because he wanted to make $200,000 + a year instead of $40,000 in Indiana? I met a guy who's a janitor, he has a contract to go to Iraq where he'll make $120,000 + over the next 12 months. Should we be there at all? I don't know. I must confess that I know less than our President and our military about the situation. Here's something that I do know, it is plain stupid for anyone to complain about the danger of any situation when they volunteered freely to be in and are compensated far beyond their normal market value for making that choice. When you do something for the wrong reason, there is always the risk of a penalty. Comments? Fire away!