Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Jingle Belled To Death


Now, I like Christmas as much as the next guy. It's a time to spend with friends and loved ones. A time to celebrate the good things in our lives. The commercialization of the holiday is a fact of life. Many retailers depend on Christmas to balance out the year with a profit. That's OK with me. Do we have to blatently shove Christmas music down our throats? Or, more accurately, into our ears? I have a Yahoo Radio station and it (Yahoo) started playing a large amount of Chistmas music on November 1st. That's wrong! I wish the retailers of the world would realize that we are not going to spend Christmas gift money in proportion to the amount of Christmas music shoved on us! So to the people who program music content on radio stations, I have a reminder. My car radio has buttons on it....and I'm not afraid to use 'em.