Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election 2008


Today is Election Day. I voted. I had no choice, I had to vote! With all of the less enlightened people running around with their flawed opinions, my vote was more important than ever. The candidates portray their opposition as being irresponsible, moronic or even criminal. Don't you just love this process! How would it sound if my boss went on TV and called the Ford dealer, across the street, a crook and a louse? You can only get away with these tactics in politics. Spending donated money.
The Presidential race in my state of Illinios was already decided - Obama. There were some local races that I didn't quite understand. A friend of the family is running for office. He's had commercials on the radio. I even put a poster, on my front lawn, supporting him. The guy is running unopposed!
After I voted, I felt a warm feeling. Warm, but somehow I felt that I'd rather have the cash that the candidates spent as they sought my vote.
Anyway, I voted. Tonight, I'll empty a few cans of Old Milwaukee and see how the rest of you voted. Tomorrow, regardless of who won or lost, I'll go back to work.