Saturday, March 5, 2005

More On Martha

So Martha's out of jail! She's richer now than ever. Class act? Hardly...unless money can buy class! Let's talk about the money. Where does it come from? You and certainly not me, that's where. But it's not just Martha Stewart, it's all of the celebrities who we love to hate, Paris Hilton, Britany Spears and others? Why do we support them by buying their products? A large part of it is becasue we are intrigued by the famous. Basically, this is stupid, but there are a lot of stupid people willing to piss away good money so that Celebrities can get richer. Designer this and designer that. Who cares? I know that if I like something, I buy it. I don't need a famous name on it to make me happy or at least satisified. But, back to Martha. The news magazines cannot get enough of her. The exposure that she is getting is sickening. Enough, in this case, is more than enough. Is there a way for us to ask for less Martha?