Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Dr. Phil's Phoney Diet Pills


I never cared much for Dr. Phil McGraw. Here's a shrink on TV with what claim to fame? Yes, he was taken under Oprah's wing, but what else? I always thought he was a phoney. Of course, I've been wrong before. After all, I don't have a successful syndicated talk show, but, then again, Oprah, doesn't know me.
Back to the Diet Plan endorsed by Dr. Phil. The company he endorsed recently lost a $10,500,000 class action law suit. The action was initally taken by some unhappy dieters. Dr. Phill doesn't lose a penny. Dieters paid $120 a month and took 22 pills a day to lose weight. This doesn't make much sense to me, but I've never been fat. Back to Dr. Phil. When I see a picture of him, I think of a snake oil salesman. Apparently a judge agrees.