Friday, September 8, 2006

Half-A-Buck


I have driven in Manhattan. where unsafe lane changes are common. This is one reason why I never liked driving in Manhattan. But, if I were to make an unsafe lane change, in Manhattan, I don't think I'd be doing it in a silver Lamborghini. If I felt the need to draw attention to myself I'd buy a Lamborghini....oh and if I could afford one ...yeah. Rapper 50 cents AKA Curtis Jackson was cited, today, for making an unsafe lane change, driving with an expired permit, driving without insurance and driving without a vehicle registration. Why do I mention this? If you read this blog with any regularity you'll know that I have a theory that when young people (and us old farts too, sometimes) come into large sums of money, quickly, they get dumb, really dumb. (By the way, if you don't read this blog with any regularity, I suggest adding bran to your diet.) Backing up my point is Party Girl Paris Hilton. And don't get me started with Mel Gibson, Britney Spears, Tommy Cruise, Pammy Anderson, etc., etc. Money doesn't buy brains, or class or common sense. It's sad to see that people who are dumber than you and I, also have a ton more money than we do.