Monday, October 2, 2006

Got Culture?

In an effort to keep all of us as civilized as possible, I thought I'd include this item from Debrett's Peerage & Baronetage. It's a British guide to etiquette. It contains many guidelines on how to act around royalty. Included in the latest edition is the proper way for a lady have a one night, er, romantic interlude and the proper method of smoking in public. I quote:

Avoid dark-alley gropery and unladylike fumbling in the back of a cab," the guide says on the subject of one night stands. "Discuss the necessaries to avoid planting any love children or disease, and you're away."

On smoking it decrees: "Always use a proper ashtray -- never a wine bottle, flower pot or used plate -- and avoid allowing smoke to billow out of the nostrils. It is also inelegant to leave the cigarette unsupported in the mouth..."


I hope this makes you a better person. After all, I do what I can.