Monday, July 28, 2008

The Fiasco 400 at Indy!


Yesterday was the "Brickyard 400" or actually, the "Allstate 400 At The Brickyard." Either way, I'm glad I didn't waste my money on what proved to be a waste of time for race fans. What we had was not a race but a fiasco. Goodyear supplied the tires for the event. Goodyear makes a good tire. Trouble was - the tires that Goodyear brought to the show would wear out and pop after only 10 laps! Folks, that's 25 miles! NASCAR had no choice. They had to call mandatory Caution Laps every 10 or 12 laps for tire changes. That's like trying to race on Chicago's Dan Ryan Expressway, outbound on a Friday afternoon.
The 400 in the "Brickyard 400" stands for how much it would have cost me to see the race...tickets, gas, parking, refreshments, dinner, etc. So, I stayed home and did yard work. My place now looks like its owner could easily afford to go to Brickyard and not care about the loose resemblance of a race that took place.
Did I mention that I pruned my trees?