Thursday, July 27, 2006

Miss Universe, Christy Brinkley & Jimmy Soul


OK, where is he going with this? This past weekend a new Miss Universe is crowned. Minutes later, she passes out. They say it was due to a tight dress. I say she was hungry.
Christy Brinkley can't keep a man? She's pretty, so is Miss Universe.
Here's my point, Floyd, just because a woman is pretty, it doesn't mean that she is smart, kind, loyal, a good cook, a good lover, a good judge of men, or a generally nice person. Some pretty women can "get by" on their looks, alone. It's the average (or worse) looking among us who have to compliment our inherited looks by developing a personality. Relying on a womon's looks, alone is where we (guys) go wrong. I'm reminded of Jimmy Soul's 1964 hit record: "If You Wanna Be Happy." In the chorus he sings: "If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife." Did I follow his advice? I'll put it this way, I got lucky.