Sunday, January 18, 2009

Verizon Internet DisService


Hey! I got a brand new computer for Christmas! It's a beautiful thing! No longer were Mrs. General Tom & I slowed by the antiquated dial-up technology of our ancestors. We picked Verizon for our broadband connection. In this part of the country, they are the obvious choice, unless you want your internet connection to be in the same bracket as your neighbor's mortgage.

We've had Verizon Internet for less than two weeks. Worse than horrible, worse than pitiful! It's so bad that I don't even know the word to describe it. First, we had to wait more than a week to get the equipment from Verizon. Next, we lost our connection on two separate occasions. They should grab one of the guys on the Verizon TV commercials, you know, out of the throng which is standing behind the Verizon Geek. Yeah, they should send one of these guys to my house to fix my problem. You know, some time between now and when my one year contract expires!

One suggestion, please dump the automated telephone calls - the ones where the woman with the pretty voice tells me that your technicians are working to resolve my problem.

Actually, I should congratulate Verizon on becoming too big to give a rat's ass about their customers.