Friday, February 6, 2009

Nadya Suleman


When I first heard about this story, I thought that it was a case where fertility drugs did their job, and then some. Well it turns out that Nadya Suleman is single and the mother of 6 and a couple of weeks ago gave birth to 8! The "father" is the same for all 14. Ann Curry of NBC's Today Show interviewed Suleman. I saw part of the interview and as Nadya was speaking, I heard, or I thought I heard "coo-coo, coo-coo...." The entire interview airs on Monday, 2/9 at 10AM EST.
Suleman is working on her Master's Degree in Counseling. She's not employed and she says that, until she gets a job, she will be depending on friends, family and her church to help her (and the 14 kids) get by. She says that she is not and never has been on welfare.

I'm sure that NBC has paid dearly for the rights to this interview.

I'm reminded of the bumper sticker that says: "Don't breed 'em if you can't feed 'em.

Let's hear some comments on this one...