Thursday, August 27, 2009

IRL @ Chicagoland


I've mentioned that I attended this year's Indy 500. While I was there, I was intrigued by a relatively new driver. While the local IRL faithful seemed to carry a sentiment for IRL Princess Danica or even Sarah Fisher, I found it interesting that not much attention was being paid to the third female in the field, Milka Duno. She's from Venezuela and is a naval engineer with masters degrees in Organizational Development, Naval Architecture, Maritime Business, and Marine Biology. For some reason, really smart women are appealing to me. I cannot explain this. By the way, did you know that Danica Patrick dropped out of high school? She did. She has since acquired the prestigious G.E.D.!

The IRL series travels to Joliet, Illinois. Duno has done well, there, in the past. This is the best excuse that I can think of to do a post on her!

Oh, here's a picture, below of a cat fight between Princess Danica and Milka. Milka ended it by throwing a towel in Danica's face. She had been complaining that Milka's car was going too slow during a practice run and that Milka should have gotten out of Danica's way. Well, she's probably right, but acting like an ass, Danica, won't get you anywhere. (You can quote me on that.)


Keep in mind that Milka is 37 years old and this is just her third season in the IRL. This could be an interesting weekend.