Saturday, October 8, 2005

Does Current TV Have A Future?


Ok, this is new. I wasn't sure if I would write about this, but, for what it's worth, here goes. Al Gore and a team of investors have a new cable tv channel. They call it Current TV. It cost the investors about $70 million to reach their estimated audience of 20 million. That's $3.50 per viewer. Not good for starters. What is it? Current TV is, basically, a commercial community access channel. Since high tech equipment will be used to gather stories from plain folk (like you and me), we will be hearing mostly from the young affluent. Being older, I find this to be potentially amusing. You can find Current TV on DirecTV and on many cable services. If you are interested in seeing Current TV, you'd better hurry. Something tells me that wall to wall infomercials may be in Current's future.