Monday, July 27, 2009

Elyse Wins An Emmy!


First, Let me admit that I didn't think that this would happen.
Good friend, Elyse Evans, main news anchor at WTWO, Newschannel 2, was nominated for an Emmy. This alone was a wonderful accomplishment, given that she's only 26 years old with only a small handful of commercial broadcast experience. Well, on Saturday in Lexington Kentucky at the Ohio Valley Emmy Awards Ceremony, young Elyse kicked ass! The Emmy was for "Best News Writing." That's right! In a world where female news anchors are known primarily for their "looks," Elyse, who ain't hard to look at, won it with her writing! She is the first TV news anchor in the history of Terre Haute Television to be recognized in this way!

Like I said at the top, I really didn't think that this would happen. I told her that she will win several emmys, but that this one may not be the first one. She was right and I was wrong. It's refreshing to see someone in the media who knows what they are talking about. I told her that this one was special because you "always remember the first one." She smiled and nodded.

Congratulations, Elyse. We are very, very proud of you!