Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Salvation Army

Elyse Evans

I've mentioned before about my support for the Salvation Army. Many years ago, they helped me in a small way and I've never forgotten it. I will probably forget many things, but I'll always remember their kindness and thoughtfulness, back in 1972. Much has happened since then, but I always remember to donate at Christmastime. I hope you will do the same.

This brings us to today and a friend of mine was collecting for the Salvation Army, outside the local Wal-Mart. She's a local news anchor and she was competing with her co-anchor to see who could raise the most money. Make no mistake, my friend is pretty, but her co-anchor? He's pretty, too.
She beat him by roughly $150. Congratulations to Elyse! My donation, today, served two purposes!
So to sum up: Salvation Army, Thank You! Elyse, Your Welcome!