Monday, September 27, 2010

Archie Comics Goes Political

I'm on Facebook. This morning, a friend of mine posts a nasty opinionated post about his political beliefs and how his thinking is the only sane and rational political view. His rant was hateful, brief and had no substance. I'll have to "hide" his comments - too bad, aside from his politics, I like the guy.

Enter Archie Comics. Didn't comic books used to be for kids? I mean for funsters.Archie Comics I'm not a snob, but nobody at my high school would be caught dead with a comic book! Well, the pictured comic book covers will be featured in the near future, featuring "The Chicago Kid," Barack Obama, and the "Thrilla From Wasilla," Sarah Palin. Interesting, maybe. Entertaining, doubtful. It doesn't matter who prevails, it just seems weird!

I know that elections are important. I have my opinions and you have yours. We may agree, maybe not. Just like Facebook, Archie's Comic Book is not the place for political debate.