Sunday, May 1, 2011

(Almost) 23 Million Yanks Watch Royal Wedding


The numbers are in! A.C. Nielsen's Royal Ratings are that an estimated 22.76 million Americans watched Prince William and Kete Middleton say their "I dos."

The audience was spread out over 11 channels, ABC, CBS, NBC, Telemundo, Univision, BBC America, CNN, E! Entertainment, Fox News Channel, MSNBC and TLC. The time period measured was between 6:00 AM and 7:15 AM EDT which would have been during the ceremony.

I must confess that I missed the whole thing because I...how shall I put this...I have a job and I had to get ready for it. I missed the prime time re-broadcast, too, in favor of DVR-ed episodes of Judge Jeanine Pirro. There are only so many hours in a day!

I am glad that they got married. Now they can have their little royal kids and the whole process can be repeated! We may all sleep well - the world is going on as it should!