Monday, January 9, 2012

General Tom's Blog Banned (Again) By Ad Group


You know, this past weekend, I was looking at the popularity of this blog. I have three "Hit Counters" and they all tell me that this blog is at an all-time high with visitors!  (Thank you!)

Over the years, the number of unique visitors has risen and fallen. As I mentioned, they are currently at historic highs, so I thought I would seek out some ads to run on the blog - and make some money?

There was this one agency which has good reviews.  I applied and they turned me down for having "adult content" on the blog. I appealed saying that there is no nudity, here. Well, rules are rules. They are, for the record, not fans of blogspot/blogger or other free blog hosting sites. Who are they? I'd rather not say - they know who they are. This doesn't bother me, too much. I've been banned by much more successful advertising leeches.

The ads that you see on the right have been on (and off) the blog from the beginning. They are OK, the companies are wonderful, but I thought I'd look for a better deal.

The bottom line is the continuing fact that this blog is a hobby and I don't need the money, I have a job.