Sunday, January 22, 2012

Two Games, Two Anthems

Steven Tyler is a rock singer. The Star Spangled Banner is not a rock song. Excuse me, as I try to think about this logically. Well, Tyler was hired to sing the National Anthem at the Baltimore - New England game, today. I personally think that he did a horrible job, but I'm old. Wait a minute! Tyler is older than I am!




Bottom line is: Steven Tyler did as Steven Tyler does. There's no reason to be shocked about this. If you are upset with Tyler's performance, don't blame him, blame the people who hired him.

Meanwhile, at the start of the day's second conference championship game, Broadway singer, Kristin Chenoweth, sang the same song, at Candlestick Park...in the rain!  

If you choose to play the audio, you will hear the fans booing.  They are not booing the song or the performance.  No, they are booing the images of the Giants' players and coaches being shown on the stadium's big TV screen.  You would expect such behavior, during the National Anthem, to come from toddlers without a hint of culture.



By the way, Kristin Chenoweth was one of my original Friday Fotos.  A classy lady who can really sing!