Sunday, January 8, 2012

Old Friend With A New Blog


So, this past Saturday morning, my cellphone rings. This is a little unusual because it was Saturday and except for an occasional text from my wife, the cell phone just does not ring.

It was a call from my former Army roommate and frequent contributor to this blog, Benny Brown. You see, Benny is working at Radio Luxembourg where he is a modern day Alan Freed, Cousin Brucie, Wolfman Jack, Larry Lujack, Dan Ingram, Don Imus or Dick Biondi - (select any one...or two)

Well, Benny's boss wants him to write a blog. Benny was calling me for advice! This, of course is ridiculous, that a major media empire like RTL, and a bright guy like Benny would be asking a blogger hack such as I for advice. Let's just say, for the record, that I am flattered. What could I suggest? A Monday, Wednesday and Friday Foto?

Actually, Benny has a couple of entries, on his blog, under his belt.  I put a permanent link to his blog along with an updated link to the "Listen Live" page of Radio Luxembourg.   You can visit Benny's Blog by clicking here.

If you read his blog you will see that he is a better writer than I am. He was also a better radio DJ than I was, however, his sleep deprivation made it a closer contest...

So, Benny, good luck on your blog! Remember, spell check is your friend! Don't use too many exclamation points! The most important thing in writing a blog, please, at all costs, avoid any mention any Kardashian sister or Justin Bieber.