Saturday, February 2, 2008

Giant Super Bowl?




I don't listen to sports radio. I don't watch the sports commentary on ESPN. It's hype where hype is not necessary. What is necessary is THE GAME! How can anybody enjoy an arguement about a sporting event that has yet to happen? I've been married for a long time. I know where to go for an arguement!
This brings us to the Super Bowl. New England is undefeated with an 18-0 record. The Giants have earned their way to the big game, not with a perfect season, but with some superb football performances when it counted most - at the end of the season and through the playoffs. Nobody and no team is "perfect." (Look up the 1963 Yankees under the heading of 'World Series')
The Giants are hot. Patriots' Tom Brady might or might not be damaged goods for tomorrow's game, it's not really that important. Team vs. team, neither team is going to have an easy time. I look for an exciting game with mediocre commercials but above it all, I pick the Giants to win.
I'll check back on Monday.