Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pic Banned From HS Yearbook


There's an uproar at Durango High School in Durango, Colorado. It's over a "senior picture" which has been thrown out by the book's student editors.

Sydney Spies says that she and her family will fight to have the picture included. The school district is backing the editors' decision. The Spies are threatening legal action.

Here's my take on this.....
She's a pretty girl. When I was her age, I was a little rebellious, myself. If she's anything like me, at that age, she is probably trying to make a statement. Wrong place. Yes, you are free to dress as you wish, but not in school...and not on the job...well, most jobs. We have freedoms, but we must also follow the rules. Sydney was not banned from her yearbook. Her picture was. I suggest that she wear a turtle neck sweater in her next picture. She will have made her statement - for those of us who know her story.