Thursday, February 16, 2012

KFI's John & Ken Suspended

KFI's John and Ken
Those of you who know me, know that I work at a very small, very successful radio station. I mention this so you may realize that I may know, at least a little, of which I speak.

In Los Angeles, John Kobylt and Ken Chiampou, have the afternoon shift at talk station, KFI AM 640. This is big time radio! I am sure that they are very well paid and that they have a lot of competition for ratings.

The two were suspended for their comments on Whitney Houston. They called the late singer a "crack ho" and said she was "cracked out for 20 years."

The pair apologized and their station apologized. The two have been suspended for ten days but will return in plenty of time for the beginning of the "spring rating period."Is this what people in Los Angeles like to hear? The "line" between "comedy" and "gross disrespect" should be easy to define for these big timers....unless, of course, they are stupid. You see, stupid people say stupid things. If they are on the radio, they have stupid listeners and they have stupid sponsors. Management should also be held accountable, but they're probably stupid, too.

Like I say, I work in a small market. We don't have enough stupid listeners, here, to be successful with this kind of crap.