Saturday, February 4, 2012

ESPN's Veteran's Slip Up



Being a veteran, I don't feel the need to be "thanked" for my service on a regular basis. On occasion, it's nice, but not required, thank you.

On November 14, 2011, 3 days after Veterans' Day, there was a major tribute planned at Green Bay's Lambeau Field, as the Packers were hosting the Vikings on Monday Night Football.

ESPN did not air the adjoining pictures - choosing to air commercials, instead.Don't get me wrong. Commercials are important! Without them, we'd all be listening to and watching PBS! The suicide rate in this country would skyrocket!

Airing these pictures would have taken only a few seconds. If ESPN needed a few additional seconds to air their commercials, I'm sure that they could have arranged it with the NFL.

I'm sure that NBC won't make the same mistake at tomorrow's Super Bowl.