Friday, October 9, 2009

Obama Wins Peace Prize

Nobel Peace Prize

This was a surprise to me. To be honest, it was a surprise to the White House and to most regular people. President Obama has been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize! Before you say "Huh?" let me point out the requirements for winning the prize. This is from the will of Alfred Nobel: The prize is awarded "to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses." Now, after reading that, repeat after me, "Huh?"

He is our President and I think that it's wonderful for our guy to be recognized, even though I don't understand it. Maybe the guys on the Olympic Site Selection Committee can explain Obama's win?

Award ceremonies are held on Thursday, December 10, the anniversary of Nobel's death.