Friday, October 16, 2009

Robeson Girls Are Easy


I know, I know! The title of this post is nasty and I'm a pig and all that.....

Well, fact is, 115 of the girls at Chicago's Paul Robeson are either pregnant or already have kids! That's 115 out of 800... one in eight! This is not a school for unwed mothers, it is a regular Chicago Public High School!

I read this story and I felt absolutely no pity for the girls or their families. The story was broadcast on WBBM-TV and cited a number of reasons for the high birth rate at Robeson. Several reasons? How many ways can you get pregnant? I remember being in High School. We knew better. We weren't saints, but we weren't perverts, either. If I seem to be coming down hard on this situation, it's because I live in Illinois. I pay taxes in Illinois. It bothers me enough that my tax money goes to fuel the Chicago political corruption machine, now some of it is going to little girls who can't keep their knees together!