Thursday, January 10, 2008

Kelly Learns A Lesson


Congratulations, Kelly Tilghman! You made it on to General Tom's Blog! Kelly who? Read on...

HONOLULU (AP) -- Golf Channel suspended anchor Kelly Tilghman for two weeks on Wednesday for saying last week that young players who wanted to challenge Tiger Woods should "lynch him in a back alley."

Tilghman was laughing during the exchange Friday with analyst Nick Faldo at the Mercedes-Benz Championship, and Woods' agent at IMG said he didn't think there was any ill intent.


Should we make a big deal out of this? You can answer this for yourself. Keep in mind that Miss Tilghman was praising Tiger's golfing skill and she was responding to Nick Faldo's suggestion that younger golfers may have to "gang up" on Woods to defeat him. To me, the important factor here is that Kelly meant no harm with her comment. Her words (in my mind) were not in the least bit serious. If the comment was not serious, should we react seriously?
The lesson, here, Miss Kelly is that there are people who are too busy listening to words when they should be listening to what you are saying. I just got off the phone with Don Imus. He agrees.

Video? You want video? Try this:

Excuse me as I try to figure out how I'm going to sell my next car...