Monday, January 21, 2008

Me & Katy McPhee


Singer & American Idol product, Katherine McPhee is getting married in February. Or so it has been reported. I haven't see my invitation, yet, so how can I be sure? She is sending out "Save The Date" pre-invite invitations. (Personally, I never had to send out double invites and more than 200 showed up for my wedding. Of course, I owned a liquor store at the time.) The reports say that she's marrying a guy who is 19 years older than she is! Gasp!
Being a lot older than 19 years older than Katharine McPhee, I can tell you that there are advantages to older guys. They usually have a little more money, than they did when they were in their 20's. They are much more grateful to be in the company of a beautiful young woman. They've also had the necessary time to learn stuff...about life...and about women.
Of course when Katharine is 53, her husband will be 72. For some reason, Sophia Loren & Carlo Ponte come to mind...and it worked for them!
Anyhow, it's a shame I won't be going to the wedding. I bought a very nice wedding gift for the happy couple. I ordered it from the RCA/Sony Gift Site...