Monday, May 17, 2010

The Latest Radio Reincarnation Of Ronn Mott!


It happened, it really happened! Ronn Mott is back on the radio! I must confess that he told me this would happen, I didn't believe him. Last week, he visits me on the car lot to give me the news - he's doing mornings on WPFR 1480AM in Terre Haute. He offered me an open invitation to join him at any time. While I know I'll take him up on the offer, I can't tell Mrs. General Tom. She doesn't want me anywhere near a microphone.

Actually, I'm listening to him, right now. I must say that I have never heard him sound better! He just played Joe Williams - "Don't Get Around Much Anymore!" Where the hell else will you hear stuff like that? He'll also play some newer stuff...like from the '60s and the '70s!

So, why's he doing this? The guy's no spring chicken! He wakes up in the middle of the night and travels half an hour to work and plays music for three hours and then hits the road to sell commercials for tomorrow's show. I'll tell you why he's doing this - he does it because he loves doing this. You can tell when you listen to him on the radio. What is this? A guy who loves his job? If you ever listened to the guy on the radio or if you are lucky enough to know him, you'll know that Ronn Mott is no normal human.