Thursday, October 7, 2010

Local Lies


For years, this has been structured as a blog with an international audience. Please bear with me as I address a local concern.

As many of you know, I am a car salesman. Earlier this year, I moved from a dealership, literally across the road to my current place of employment. I'm selling Cadillacs, Buicks, GMC Trucks and GM Certified Used Cars.

Here's what's going on, the upper management at my former workplace, is telling their customers that my boss is losing the Cadillac Franchise as of November first. Keep in mind that my boss' family has been selling Cadillacs for 77 years. We are number 3 in our zone in sales. Our zone includes larger cities like, gasp, Indianapolis! Our service department is swamped with GM work and our body shop is bursting at the seams with all kinds of jobs. I mention this because the people who bought the dealership where I used to work downsized their service department and totally eliminated their body shop! Guys, how can this possibly help your Customer Satisfaction Index?

So, to the guys across the road, I say, keep spreading the lies! As you may know, Mary, and Ronnie will back me up on this, when you lie to your customers, its a recipe for disaster.