Thursday, October 21, 2010

NPR Fires Juan Williams

Juan Williams

National Public Radio has fired Juan Williams for a comment that he made on Bill O'Reilly's show on Fox! Here's what was said.

I mean, look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous.

Apparently, NPR took exception. Would this would have been bigger news if Fox had fired one of it's people for making an un-fox-like comment on....say...NPR?

The curious thing, here, is that Juan Williams is smart. Probably a lot smarter than the people who canned him at NPR.

Williams will be gainfully employed for as long as he wants. NPR loses on this one.

P.S. Where is Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton on this one?