Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Springer Starts Season 20


Jerry Springer, is he a jerk or a genius? I am absolutely certain that I'm not sure. His show is starting his 20th season and has been "sold" to stations for an additional 4 seasons! Most of us know the content of his show, CRAZY!

I remember, a few years ago, I was responsible for placing the advertising for a local car dealership, where I worked. We had one commercial scheduled, daily, in the local 10PM local news. Well, it was during the political advertising season and we did not have an "annual contract" with the TV station. We were bounced from the local news slot in favor of political commercials. I decided that we could put our commercial in the Springer Show which followed the local news. Well, the ad rates for Springer were a lot cheaper than for the local news. We saturated the Springer Show with ads in every break...and ended up with the best USED CAR month in the history of the dealership!