Friday, June 18, 2010

On Star - Get Your Act Together!


On star is a magnificent system which can (and does) save lives, give directions, offer help during awkward situations...you know all the stuff that they advertise. Please On Star, as a car salesman of GM products for over 15 years, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER! The public may not know, but GM dealerships are graded by GM on their performance in signing up customers for their On Star service. The truth is - we hate doing this!! We do not get paid a penny for enrolling a customer to On Star! The On Star advisor is most often a foreigner with English as a second or third language. They mumble to the point that they sound like an airline flight attendant during the pre-flight instructions. YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND THEM! Every damn one of them appears to be inexperienced! Good God! Can't you find any articulate people in Michigan? Can you offer these articulate people enough money to pry them from their unemployment checks?

I spent over an hour, today, setting up an On Star account for my customer. Is my time worth anything? My On Star representative's name is Cherry. I'm sure that she's a hard working lady, but get her the hell off the registration crew! On Star rates the GM dealership on their performance regarding On Star registration. Well, hey guys, I have a rating for you! A big fat ZERO! First impressions are important! You blew it for my customer...oh, and by they way, he did buy the extra telephone minutes. In the meantime, thank you, On Star for embarrassing me in front of my customer and for wasting my time.