Sunday, February 6, 2011

Thoughts on Super Bowl XLV


First, is it possible that, maybe, we can find someone who can sing our National Anthem. You know, someone who can remember the words (I wonder if the woman doing the sign language screwed up, too?) and not murder the melody. Does Dallas, Pittsburgh or Green Bay have any classically trained singers?  Please remember that this event is broadcast to countries around the world. If you missed it, you can view the disgrace by clicking here. (...)
As for the game, either team could have won. There were dozens of mistakes, and a few stupid penalties.

You may remember that I predicted a Green Bay win, 24-17. Well, I got the right team. The Packers won 31-25, by 6 points...I predicted 7 points.

Half time show...well, I'm never a fan of the Super Bowl halftime show. I missed most of it in favor of getting a refill and a smoke. I should have missed more of it.

The announcing crew of Joe Buck and Troy Aikman...well, I'm not a fan of either. I wonder if they ever thought about singing the National Anthem?