Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Furtado Does The Right Thing


I'm troubled with performers like Beyoncé, Mariah Carey, Usher and 50 Cent who each sang in private performances for members of the Qaddafi family for big, big money.

Why a major recording "act" would agree to work for the family of a murderous dictator is beyond me!
Aren't some things more important than money?
Singer Nelly Furtado sang for the Qaddafi's and she received a million dollars for a 45 minute gig.(...)

This is her tweet from earlier today.....

“In 2007, I received 1million$ from the Qaddafi clan to perform a 45 min. Show for guests at a hotel in Italy,” she Tweeted. “I am going to donate the $.”

That would be a charitable donation. She should be applauded for doing the right thing.

Don't expect the others to follow suit.
Boys and girls, I've worked for many business owners. My worst work experience was working for an accused (later convicted) felon. It was the worst job I ever had. The pay was pretty good and I worked hard to do a good job and I learned an important, simple lesson:

No matter how much money is offered, never work for an a$$h*le!

UPDATE:  Since this post was published,  Beyoncé
 has announced a donation of her Qaddafi concert proceeds to the Haiti earthquake fund.