Monday, August 16, 2010

NFL Wisdom?


So, the Colts are playing a preseason game, at home in Indianapolis. It is scheduled on the NFL channel. Keep in mind that I pay for the NFL channel. At game time, I find that the game has been blacked out in my area. I live 90 miles from Indianapolis and I was blacked out. OK, I realize that the NFL is struggling and needs every penny they can extort.
I come to work, today, and I find out that the local Indianapolis TV station broadcast the game - LIVE. That's right! Local - in market - broadcast TV carries the game while the NFL's pay station blacks me out - 90 miles away. I'm so far from Indianapolis that I can't receive the Indy TV station's signal!
NFL big shots should also realize that there was a NASCAR race and a PGA tournament airing at the same time. Don't worry, NFL, I turned off the TV.....and did yard work.