Friday, November 19, 2010

I Got My ABC!

WICS TV, Springfield, Illinois

This will seem odd to most of you, but I just discovered that I can now watch ABC-TV programming where I live!

I should explain. Where I live, we watch Terre Haute television. I subscribe to DISH Network, but, until now, we were not able to receive an ABC station. This is because local TV stations have a strong "lobby" and even though my 60' rotating antenna is not able to receive an ABC TV affiliate's signal, DISH was not allowed to deliver one to me, until now.

Here's the ironic part, the station that DISH is offering me is WICS, Springfield, Illinois. There are at least a half dozen ABC TV stations that are geographically closer to my home. I love this type of ironic justice.

Oh, and I should add, I don't have to pay a penny extra...