Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Man Steals Dough From Pizza Shop


Have you heard enough bad news lately? Are you tired of hearing about crime? From Staten Island, New York comes a story where a lone holdup man sticks up a Brothers Pizzeria. He nervously grabs a bag from the manager, thinking that he scored some quick cash. Well, Salvatore DeRosa got a bag full of dough...pizza dough. He's in custody.

This reminds me of something from when I was in the Army. As I recall, it was at a magical place called Fort Dix. It was nighttime and I was enjoying a beer at a Wrightstown, New Jersey bar. A fellow soldier asks me where he can buy some "grass."(marijuana) I tell him that I don't know..."I'm just here for the beer." My friend wanders off and returns in a few minutes with a cellophane bag and a dumb grin on his face. The next day he asks me if I remember where he bought the "grass" and showed me a cellophane bag filled with crab grass clippings.