Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Skype


A lot of what you see on the Internet is a waste of time. What may begin as a good idea is usually watered down to a trivial bit of nonsense...or less. Take Facebook, for example. I'm on there. I have roughly 100 friends. It doesn't intrigue me at all to know that a former 20-something co-worker made blueberry muffins for her boyfriend's breakfast...unless, of course, she had some left over for me! Betty White was right, Facebook is a waste of time!

This brings me to something that is really useful! It's Skype. Skype is a free service and it allows you to make free telephone conversations to other Skype users with audio and video. Non Skype calls will cost you. All you need is a computer with a camera and a microphone. I've been using it for a little more than a month to communicate with a friend in the Czech Republic.

Yes, now you can talk with your far-away friends, for free, and see how old they look!